Members of the Rock of KC apostolic team speak.
Luke 22:31-34, God wants everyone to be humble
1. Understand the “who” and the “what”
– in this instacne, the who is satan
– what is satan after? He’s after your faith
– it’s your faith that’s being fought after
2. Understand it is a fight (for your faith)
– 1 Tim. 6:11-12, faith is a fight
– Eph. 6:10-16, I need God’s strength and God’s power, not my own
– I no longer live by my faith, but by God’s faith
3. Understand it’s not a walk by sight in the natural
– 2 Cor. 5:1-8, v.7: we walk by faith, not by sight
– 1 Sam. 13:16-14:1-23
– in order to believe the impossible, you must see the impossible
– saw that the God of the impossible is on our side
– have vision that surpasses our circumstances
– God is watching us, rooting for us to do the right thing
– human behavior changes when we know we’re being watched
– be an armor bearer for others
– get people around you that believe in you, and be willing to take a risk
4. Understand what God wants to give you
– 2 Tim. 1:7, God gives us a spirit of power, love, and sound mind.
1. God desires to carry His people. God desires to have us ascend to Him.
Ps. 15:1-5 who may dwell in Your sanctuary?
Ps. 24:1-10 v4 he who has clean hands and a pure heart.
In Pursuit of True Riches
– we pursue the actual, not just the concept.
1 Tim. 6:1-5, we’re called to flee from people that say Godliness is a way to get rich.
v. 6 – Godliness with contentment with great gain
v. 7-10 – note that the “love” of money is the root of all kinds of evil
Pursue righteousness (v.11)
Pursue Godliness – I have to pursue it, it doesn’t pursue me
Pursue Faith – claim promises of God, put on the armor of God
Fight the good fight of faith
Pursue knowledge of the Lord, Hosea 8:1-3 – if I reject this word, the enemy will come after me