A Christmas Focus “One Thing” (Psalms 27)
– Purity of heart . . . to desire one thing
– Lord, help me to get re-focused on the important reason for Christmas
1. David sought the one thing (Ps. 27:4)
– to be in the presence of God
– it’s there that I get perspective and re-focused (re-callibrated)
2. Moses wouldn’t go without it (Exodus 33:15)
– God, if you’re not with me, I don’t want to go there: job offer, marry that person, teach another class, etc.
3. John the baptist understood it (John 3:30)
4. Mary chose it (Luke 10:42)
– There’s always going to be stuff to do, but when God is in my presence, I choose to be at his feet.
5. A blind man experienced it (John 9:25)
– God’s presence is to be experienced
– Am I experiencing God? I need to desire it.
6. Paul persued it (Phil. 3:13-14)
– Is God above all that I desire?
– Christmas is nothing without Christ
7. A richman refused it (Mark 10:21-22)
– Is God against riches? Absolutely not. Look at the Abraham and Job
– God is after what’s holding me back from Him.