A Heart of Wisdom, A Teachable Heart
What does a heart of wisdom look like?
4 more ingredients in a heart of wisdom:
1. Teachable heart
– A wise heart listens to instruction (having a teachable spirit) and brings a certain peace about it.
– Prov 12:15 NLT, “Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.”
– Prov. 19:20, “Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days.”
2. Does not rely on their own understanding
– Prov. 3:1-10
– Don’t let mercy and truth leave me.
– Mercy and truth balance out, we need both.
– Bind mercy and truth to my heart
– A heard of wisdom will trust God in everything.
– God helps those who depend on Him
3. Is not wise in it’s own eyes
– Prov. 26:1-12
– There’s more hope for a fool than one who is wise in his own eyes (v.12)
– Be open to criticism –
1. Ask, “What’s motivating them to share with me?”
2. Take a deep breath and just listen
4. Acts on what they hear
– Matt. 7:24-27
– There’s a difference between hearing and listening
– In the passage, one person heard Jesus’ Word and obeyed, and another person just heard.
– The wise person acted on what he heard, the fool just heard but did nothing.
A wise person is not wise in their own eyes.