Because He Lives
1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Gospel = Good News
– Receiving Jesus is not about “just trying Him on” it’s an all or nothing deal.
– We’ve all sinned, there’s no way around it. But Jesus Christ died for all of our sins and now He lives.
– It’s not about stuff, it’s about Jesus’ death, burial, resurrections, and now lives.
– Christ died for me.
Because He lives:
1. We can have life
– 2 Cor. 5:8, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord
– Rev. 21:4, Jesus has taken the sting out of death and because He live, we have life
2. We have hope
– 1 Peter 1:3-5, by faith we’re shielded by God’s power
– Even when trouble comes, God is still God and my shield
– Ps. 30:5
– after the cross there’s resurrection
– after the night there’s morning
– after death there’s life
– after dispair there’s hope
– and always with Him, the best is yet to come
– “The church is the only society on earth that never loses a member through death. As a Christian, I do not just believe in life after death, but life through death.” David Watson
3. We have freedom
– John 8:34-36, God saves us, not to just go to heaven, but to be His glory on earth too. I have freedom
– 1 John 3:8
4. We have a message
– no other religion has a God that raised from the dead
– 2 Tim. 1:10
– Acts 17:31
“The Gospel is good news, only if it arrives in time.” Carl F. H. Henry