Being Still before the Lord
– God wants you to be so familiar with His voice that it’s easily heard over all the noise
– God desires truth in the inward being – when we believe it on the inside, moving us into our destiny
– God desires to speak to us in the midst of all the noise
1. Be still and know that I am God, Ps. 46:1-11
– God loves silence sometimes when we just sit back and think on God
– in the midst of all my thoughts and worries, God wants me to be still and silent. Remember that He is God
2. Be silent because God is in His holy temple, Habakkuk 2:20
– God is in His holy temple and it’s time for us to be silent
– in a world of noise, we become accustom to it
– there’s a time for holy silence. It’s reverent submission
– being still involves meditation. Close the door to tomorrow, and all the worries, bills, concerns.
3. Listen to the still small voice, 1 Kings 19:1-14
– Elijah had the best day of his life, then Queen Jezebel threatened his life and he got depressed and ran to a cave and contemplated suicide. Then God’s still small voice spoke to him.
– Elijah heard God’s voice because he was silent
– noise can have a physical effect on people’s lives
– Samuel heard God’s voice calling him (1 Sam. 3:1-11)
4. Remove the noise, Matt 9:18-25
– v. 23 There was noise as was their custom, Jesus silenced the noise
– decide to remove the noise and the source of the noise from my life
5. Let God arise and speak, Mark 4:35-41
– Jesus calms the storm
– the disciples were letting their fear speak
– God desires to calm the storms of our life and to calm us in the storms.
– I need daily renewal to take on fear.