– at the end of the day, we will all have to give an account of what we did with our time on earth to God
– Luke 16:1-14 – leverage your stuff for eternal purposes
– Luke 12:13-34 – where you treasure is, there your heart is also. Where ever you want your heart to be, start putting your treasure there.
– Law of Contentment – Prov. 14:30 – when it comes to health, it’s not what you eat, but what eats you, Eccl. 6:9 – better to be satisfied with what you have
5 Damaging Effects of Wanting More:
1. More fatigue (Prov. 23:4) – the drive to get more, leaves us tired – even if you win the rat race, you’re still a rat.
2. More expenses (Eccl. 5:11) it always costs more to have more – my greeds are now my needs
3. More anxiety (Eccl. 5:12) – the more you have, the more you have to worry about – insomnia increases with income
4. More conflict (Prov. 15:27, 1 Tim. 6:9) – fatigue to expenses to anxiety = more conflict
5. More dissatisfaction (Eccl. 5:10) – we tend to think having more = more satisfaction, more love, more importance – why were we once thrilled with what we are now dissatisfied with?
“Through contentment, you and I can live a life of less fatigue, less anxiety, less conflict and less dissatisfaction” Solomon