Heb. 4:1-3 – if you don’t take what you hear, mix it with faith, and act upon it, it won’t profit you or be of any value. Faith without works is dead (James 2:17)
– my spirit, my soul (including my mind and emotions), and my body are all to be sanctified for God, for His glory.
I am thankful for what God has done because:
1. He’s not given me a spirit of fear. Don’t receive what God hasn’t given you. Plenty of people want to give you a spirit of fear.
2. He’s not turned away my prayer or His mercy from me (Ps. 66:20)
3. He’s not dealt with me according to my sins (Ps. 103:10-14)
– sometimes I want to sin even though I kjnow it’s wrong
4. He’s disciplined me but hasn’t let me die (Ps. 118:18)
– if I’m not dead, God’s not done with me yet
5. He’s saved me and not condemned me (John 3:16-18)
6. He’s not entered into a holy place made by human hands (Heb. 9:24-28)
7. He’s not yet revealed what we will be (1 John 3:2)
– life on this earth is only temporary
8. He’s made us friends of God (Rom. 5:1-11)
– don’t focus on what you bring to the table, but what God has brought to the table