Pursuit of True Riches continued…
– We’re callede in the Bible to pursue – run hard after – God
4. Pursue love and it’s companion virtues
– 1. Cor. 13
– love suffers long, even though I want things now, when I pray for them, and don’t want to have to wait or “suffer long”
– love is kind. Do I drive kindly? Am I kind to my family – the people closest to me that have hurt me?
– love will not envy. Envy goes a step further than jealousy.
– love is not boastful. God doesn’t get any glory from that.
– don’t be rude, because it’s not love
– love does not seek it’s own
– love is not provoked
– love thinks no evil, esp. about others
– love restores, doesn’t rejoice in iniquity
– love bears all things – high gas prices, offensive people