Matt 25 – 3 parables
– the 10 virgins – keep watch, live in a state of readiness
– the talents – God doesn’t wat us to live our lives in fear like the 3rd man and his one talent
– did you steward with what you’ve been given?
1. We are stewards and not owners (Ps. 24:1-2)
2. Trust is the most important factor in relationships, it is the glue (Luke 16:10)
– relationship with God and others
– do I trust God and does He trust me?
3. We will all give an account to God (Rom. 14:9-12 – esp. v.12)
Who’s in Charge?
1. We are stewards and not owners (Prov. 3:5)
2. Practicing stewardship produces growth, including spiritual growth
– God gives us things so we can give it to others
3. Stewardship deals with our present resources
1. Provide for your own household (1 Tim. 5:8)
– also my spiritual household (church)
2. Live within margins so you can give (2 Thess 3:6-12)
– so we can have leftover for others
3. Be faithful (1 Cor 4:2)