Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 1:18, Micah 7:18-19, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 10:17, Colossians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 5:17, I John 3:7, 2 Corinthians 2:5, Matthew 6:9-15, Mark 11:25
FORGIVENESS IS NOT:
– Saying that what was done is okay.
– Releasing the guilty party from the legal or divine consequences of their behavior.
– Something that you have to achieve on your own.
– Merely words said to satisfy some legal standard.
– Dependent on the perpetrator’s response.
– A feeling.
– An act of God’s grace being poured out through your heart.
– A result of being transformed into His image.
– A removal of a significant part of Satan’s ground.
– An act of the will, not a servant of feelings.
Slay these excuses:
– I can’t forgive
– I can’t forgive, it would be a betrayal.
– I will forgive when they ask me.
– I forgive, but I’ll have nothing to do with them.
– I forgive, but I’ll never trust them.
– I forgive, but they owe me.
– I forgive, but I want justice.
– I forgive, but I want revenge.
Are you willing to come to that place today where you will say from the heart:
– I forgive.
– I forgive and he/she owes me nothing.
– I forgive and I choose to bless them.