Red Dot Green Dot Living
Red dots represent anything that doesn’t last (like things that you own),
green dots represent everything that’s going to last – like people.
Red dot things are always less valuable than green dot things.
Relationships with people are more important than things that happen to stuff that doesn’t last.
All my stuff is going to someone else eventually, so do your giving while your living so you’re knowing where it’s going.
Food and clothing are essentials that God promised us, everything beyond that is just stuff.
Green dot living is:
1. Understanding that our life is not about how much stuff we have
2. Storing up treasure in heaven
– nothing can touch it
– wherever you want your heart to go, get your giving to go there
3. Understanding that godliness with contentment is great gain
4. Realizing that we brought nothing into this world and we’ll take nothing out of it
– 1 Tim. 6:7
5. Not loving money and pursuing the right things
– 1 Tim. 6:9-11
– faith, righteous living, gentleness, godliness, all matter more than money
– money is not the problem, it’s the love of money that’s the problem
6. Leveraging money/stuff for eternal purposes
– Luke 16:1-13
7. Giving to the relief of the poor
– Prov. 19:17, Lev. 19:10, Duet. 15:11, Job 34:19, Ps. 82:3, Prov. 14:21; 14:31; 21:17; 22:9; 28:27; 31:20, Isa. 58:7; 61:1, Mark 10:21
Now is the time to: